Hi, When creating a form in Jira Product discovery to capture ideas I would like some of the fields in the form to be mandatory and some not. How can I achieve this ?
Hi @Andrew McLoughlin
I'm not sure this is possibly at this stage.
This comment on this article suggests you can make all fields optional or mandatory, but not a mix of the two.
The next comment confirms it's part of the planned improvements but not immediately.
Ste
This doesn't actually work as expected though because you can create ideas inline and it circumvents the entire rule. This has to be a bug or it's just really unclear what the setting is supposed to accomplish.
I tested this by reducing all my views to the summary field. Then added a couple fields to the "All Ideas" view. Toggled that setting to on. Press "Create an idea" button. You can still just put in an inline summary without any of the other information.
is there maybe an update on the topic?
I am also curious to hear if there is an update on this question? The “all or nothing” solution is not practicable in practice.
Any updates on this?
You can set a transition rule on the workflow to validate a field isn't empty during transition.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.