I got word that the use of JIRA for only private purposes is free of charge.
I only use JIRA for me and my wife.
Is this correct and what do you need to verify the private usage.
Posting an update to this question as it still rates highly in Google.
Jira Software now offers a free edition for up to 10 users. Anyone can sign up and receive this edition just go to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing
RegardsBen Jira PM.
No, this is not right. You need a license in any case. In your case you need a starter license (1-10 users) for $10. Please read https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/jira
Hello Marcel,
All atlassian tools are free free for use by official not for profit organisations and charities, not for private purposes. As Mathias said, you need 10 users license.
Regards,
Fabio
Secular charities by the way.
Also, if you just buy the $10 licence, that money all goes to a reading charity, which is nice too.
Hi Marcel,
We used to offer a free 3 user license years ago, but we discontiued that when we introduced the Starter License program in 2009. All the proceeds from the $10 licenses goes to Room to Read to build reading rooms and libraries for children.
Hi all!
A question related to this issue.
If I want to buy a starter license for private use at home I have to fill the company information too.
The field in the form are mandatory.
But I don't have any company. Should I write something like "-" in all fields related to the company
Thank you in advance!!
Hi Moises,
The field is mandatory, it is used for licensing. You'll then want to put your name in the field so it can licensed to you.
I hope this explains.
Jim Conaty
Thanks for tis opportunity. I am trying to personally learn the use of JIRA.
I will try to practice it with fictitious projects. I will not use it for any commercial purpose . This has to be practiced only in my home
Kind regards,
Joe Chiejina
Definitely,
I will do that later. I volunteer for Heart and Stroke, and Habitat for humanity. My wife makes monthly payment to sick kids
I live in a housing coop that is a non-profit established since 1982. We have a maintenance team of volunteers, I wish I could use JIRA to track our work to be done. Would that fit in the not for profit free for use?
But on the page (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing) it also says that $10 / mo.Flat rate For 1 - 10 users.
So is it really free for <10 users, or USD 10/month flat rate?
Yes. the calculator at the top is set to show you "standard" pricing. Change the "hard to see" dropdown on the left to "free", and you will see you can get to 10 in a free plan.I have an account setup for 3 users, and it is free.
True! But the FREE option in the dropdown menu appears only when I visit that page using Chrome. For some reason that option is not visible in Safari 😳.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.