My question is how can there be security patches for a version of software that is now end of life? When I try to upgrade or patch it says that my license is expired and the version we are using is EoL. So I am on the LTS 8.5.5 but would like to at least patch to 8.5.7 which is the newest security release. Can I get a temp license to patch or how is this supposed to be done? We are waiting for Atlassian to get their FedRAMP authorization before we can move to Jira Cloud with confluence.
Hi @Mark Bierman
You can't - the product is EOL.
You need to migrate/upgrade to Data Center in the interim, if you'd like to continue installing new software versions.
Ste
8.5.7 is the same version just a security patch I would understand if I needed to move to 8.6 or 8.7 but I am on the same version just trying to install security patches. It specifically says 8.5.X is the last version and I get that but the security patches came out weeks after the EOL date. Meaning Atlassian pushed out security patches for an unsupported version of their products that nobody can install? It does not make sense to publish vulnerabilities with a patch that nobody can use.
Confluence 8.5.x is the last Confluence feature release available to download for Server customers prior to the Server end of support date on February 15, 2024. All feature releases after Confluence 8.5.x will only support our Data Center offering. As Confluence 8.5 is a Long Term Support release, it will continue to receive security and bug fixes until the end of support date on February 15, 2024.
We recommend that you migrate to the Atlassian Cloud offering or upgrade to Data Center to remain secure and supported.
It states that support ran out in the message you've quoted:
...it will continue to receive security and bug fixes until the end of support date on February 15, 2024.
^ Essentially, beyond Feb 15th your maintenance has expired, and therefore you can't receive new versions. You also can't renew your maintenance because Server is EOL.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.