In JIRA 5.0, can I set a customfield of type Text (<255 char) as UNIQUE ?
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.uniqueregexfield
Not out of the box in JIRA. You will have to develop a new custom field type in a plugin.
What you're asking for there is to block all custom fields after the addition of one single short-text field. That's really not a good idea, and not supported - the point of custom field types is that you CAN have many of them.
Jira certainly won't support that off-the-shelf, but it may be possible to create a custom field type that only allows one instance of itself.
I wouldn't bother though - if you really need to have one and only one instance of a custom field, then the most flexible, cheap, fast and effective option is "educate your administrators not to add more than one".
I thought he is asking about making the value unique and not the custom field itself! Development anyways
Ahh, unique value, right. I didn't see that in the question, so if it's that, I apologise! (And still agree with your answer - reach for the development kit...)
The plugin does not prevent spaces in the value. If you define a field with the regular expression "^[a-z]+$", you can add the following values: "ABC", " ABC" and "ABC ". The Add-On accepts them all as values, which differ from each other. => FAILURE
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.