Hello,
i would like to get rid of those annoying mail signatures when our employees comment on a ticket via mail. Our format is sth like this:
The actual comment
*Firstname Lastname*
<the signature>
I want to chop of everything after the comment, so the firstname / lastname part and everything that follows.
I have build the following RegEx and verified that it is working in a text editor supporting regex:
\*.+\s.+\*
However, when i configure a new mail handler via "Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body" and using this regex, the signatures are not touched at all. Obviously I also tried it with the slash delimited, changing it to this:
/\*.+\s.+\*/
But this does also not work at all.
Could it be the issue that our mails are HTML mails and that the regex is applied before the mail is converted to text so that it can be added as comment?