I need a way to easily narrow down a large quantity of information on a Jira dashboard. I have a project that has work being done in multiple states that each have multiple locations.
I would like to have my rich filter controller have a button called state that lists each of the states. When you choose a state you can go to another button that then only lists the locations in that state.
The Objective is huge. We have 20 states with each state having between 6 and 50 locations. At minimum people would be looking through 120 locations if they couldn't filter down.
Example
States
Idaho
Kansas
Maine
You pick Idaho. The next button on the controller
Locations
Boise
Idaho Falls
Twin Falls
Rexburg
You choose Boise and get all of the Epics that have been created for Boise. I have custom fields for state and location.
I have tried to make smart filters but haven't found a way to establish any hierarchy.