How to embed js in the JSM create request page.
After implementing the input summary field,
Description fields can be hidden.
Hi @PF
By default JSM don't have option like you described. To do that you need additional app like Script runner and built-in behaviours features.
Regards,
Seba
This isn't natively available - but Apps will enable you to do this - either...
Ste
Hello @PF ,
I would be glad to share a simple example of how this can be done using Power Scripts
You need 2 sil scripts (main and hook) + add Live Field configuration. lf_main_jsd.sil
lfInstantHook({"summary"}, "lf_hook_jsd.sil");lfWatch("summary", {"summary"}, "lf_hook_jsd.sil");
lf_hook_jsd.sil
if (argv["summary"] != ""){ lfHide("description");} else { lfShow("description");}
Also, you can add to the hook script an extra condition to check on which screen you are going to apply it , but you can also limit where the script will be used in Live Fields Configuration:
So, here is the result:
As you can see, it is quite simple. But since I don`t know if you have sil scripting experience, I will add here some helpful documentation links: Live Fields, Live Fields Routines, and some examples Switching and Toggling, Validating Custom Fields
Hope it helps!Anna
Hi Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Thank you for your recommendation.
I want to write my own simple plug-in to deal with this problem, Can you help guide me?
thanks
Hi @Anna Hryhoruk _Appfire_
thanks,
xiongpanfeng
Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński
I don't have that much experience with that.
Here you can find details about developing apps - https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/developing-apps-for-atlassian-data-center-products/
Actually, SIL scripting language (the one that Power Scripts uses as a key engine) allows users to create their own plugins. Please check this documentation page for more details: Development using SIL , Tutorial
Best regards,Anna
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.