https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/compass/templates/about-templates/#coming-soon
We are analyzing whether to move forward with purchasing Compass or Port. If the gitlab support for templates which is listed as "coming soon" were available, then that would make Compass the choice for us. Can you please provide a rough idea of when that feature is planned to be released?
Hey @kjlarson I'm from the Compass product team. Support for GitLab isn't planned for Templates within the next 6 months just to be transparent. Things can and do change but the current plan is to add more capabilities to the existing Templates for GitHub and Bitbucket to make them much more compelling. We do plan to support GitLab and support all the same features, but it's looking like closer to end of 2024 or early 2025.
Hi @kjlarson
Might be worth asking on this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Compass-articles/Introducing-Compass-templates/ba-p/2377359
The Product Manager for Compass might see it there
Ste
I do appreciate you sharing that info, thanks so much
No problem! FWIW I've added a +1 to the backlog ticket for GitLab support with Templates, the more I get the easier it comes to prioritize this! For anyone else reading who wants this feature please feel free to reply so I can also add your +1
Rather than adding support for GitLab, Atlassian has unfortunately just announced the Templates feature to be removed from Compass on December 1, 2025.
We’re deprecating and removing Templates in Compass, effective December 1, 2025. This change is part of our ongoing effort to focus on features that bring the most value to our customers. [...]
We’re deprecating and removing Templates in Compass, effective December 1, 2025. This change is part of our ongoing effort to focus on features that bring the most value to our customers.
[...]
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.