Hello,
I have Support Emails from two email addresses running into one JIRA project using JEMH.
To do this, I'm forwarding the emails from email2@domain.com to email1@domain.com, and entered both into the "Catch Email Address" field in the JEMH Project Settings.
However I would like to differentiate the Issues based on which address the email was sent to (preferably by a field).
I currently use the following settings:
- Sender processing: jira-user > Assign jira-users Email to Text CustomField: External Mail
- processing: non jira-user > Assign non jira-users Email to Text CustomField: External Mail
This creates a for each incoming mail an "External Mail" field in the issue with the senders Email address.
If I want to have a similar field for the addressee, there are the "Addressee Processing" options. According to https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/How+do+email+address+get+mapped+to+custom+fields I have entered the following values:
- Addressee Handling: toCustomField
- JIRA account holders to MultiUser Custom Field: I'm not entirely sure why this is a user picker and not a field picker.
- Assign non jira-user Email to Text CustomField: Addressee
I have correctly set the screens for the Addressee CustomField (same as for External Mail), yet it doesn't appear in the issues.
PS: email1@domain.com is also a JIRA user, email2@domain.com is not.
===========
- What do I have to do to get the Addressee field displayed in the issues?
- Would this even work to differentiate between email1 and email2 since they both come from the same mailbox?
- If you can provide a solution, could this field be used to automatically assign the incoming issues to certain users?
Thanks in advance
Sebastian