We need to access the changelog history for all our issues in our project using either REST APIs OR the Jira python library.
However none of these seem accesible. Can someone please suggest how to achieve this?
Hi @Tushar Rajvanshi and welcome,
via rest you can do that trhough the following /rest/api/2/issue/{YOUR_ISSUE_KEY}?expand=changelog
via phyton script you could use ChangeHistoryManager api (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/issue/changehistory/ChangeHistoryManager.html)
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Hi @Tushar Rajvanshi
Welcome to the community. As for REST API, please refer to:
Thanks @Yong Yang
However, I am unable to access any endpoints using API 3. Also, when using the API2 I am able to access the issue but not changelog.
I tried making a request to the URL
1. https://jira.abc.com/rest/api/3/issue/abc-1234 - Returns 404
2. https://jira.abc.com/rest/api/3/issue/abc-1234/changelog - Returns 404
3. https://jira.abc.com/rest/api/2/issue/abc-1234 -Returns 202
4. https://jira.abc.com/rest/api/2/issue/abc-1234/changelog - 404
Rest api mentioned by @Yong Yang are for cloud. That is the reason of the error code
Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ ,
Do you if there is a way to get this data for Data Center implimentations?
Hey @Tushar Rajvanshi , please take a look to my answer below
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.