I'm currently evaluating JIRA for my company and it looks decent. We use SVN for SourceControl. We're running Subversion Edge with TortoiseSVN for the SVN GUI client and for integrating SVN in VisualStudio.NET, we are using AnkhSVN.
Using the JIRA Subversion plug-in, I have TortoiseSVN working fine with JIRA. For AnkhSVN, I have it working, but it only works if there is an issue that is work in progress and only if I do not put any comments when commiting to SVN via the AnkhSVN pending changes window. My question is, how do I get it to append the comment text required to save the change to JIRA as well as add the comment to my SVN history?
e.g. If I have a project called TEST in JIRA with issue #1, the comment submitted is TEST-1 when committing without any comments via the AnkhSVN pending changes dialog. This comment TEST-1 appears in SVN history and it will also update the issue 1 of project test in JIRA.
As soon as I add a comment to this case, e.g. "Fixed crash when button was clicked...", I would expect the following to be submitted as the comment Fixed crash when button was clicked... TEST-1", but TEST-1 is never appended so JIRA is never notified.
Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrect when checking in my changes?