Very similar to the previous question on the forum, I am struggling with putting the Issue Status text for Linked Issue. I was able to add the issue type and what not on the subtask but somehow it just doesnt work for linked issue. This is a major requirement for my team as the managers want to get a overview of all the linked ticket at once instead of going through or hovering at the icon. Please help!!!
Thanks in advance!
FYI, I even look at the source code and cannot figure out how the linkedissue display works. I can get the subtask display but not link issue. The VM files definitely is no help. i am getting out of options of something that sounds/looks so simple.
Any bit of help is really appreciated.
327 views later, and there is still no answers. So It must be I am not the only one with this issue? Atlassian team, anyone? Does issue link display like magic that once it's perform there is 0 things u can change the result?
I've got the same issue with 4.4 - really just want to add fix version and two custom fields.
I asked something similar an atlassian dev.
He answered that the whole linked-issue-stuff is now in the bundled-plugin "jira-view-issue-plugin-4.4.4.jar" under $JIRA_HOME/.bundled-plugins.
In older versions there was always a config-file in include/snippets or panels/issue.But with Jira 4.4 they made that to a bundled plugin and we could not edit something that we always edited...
For us, this is a really big blocker to update to Jira 4.4+
:-(
Do you want the status of all the linked issues of an issue to be displayed on the main issue ?
I am not sure but you may find this plugin useful https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JLHR/Links+Hierarchy+Reports
I look at that plugin before and it's not quite of what I was looking for. I just want to change hwo the link display on the issue view - instead of icon, to display a text. Very trivial fix, but yet, with 4.4 above, you cant (or I cant figure that out after 2 weeks of changing different files...). I almost have to tell the mangement "tough luck, out of my reach"
The one thing I dont get is why I can manipulate Subtask view but not linked issue. Whoever change the links in 4.4 onward obvious did not think of current customization. What's teh point of the view if you are not even using it?! And obviously I am not the only one who wants to know the answers to this as there are already over 500 views in this and yet, 0 response from Atlassian or any expert in this matter. It's a doom matter on something that would look so trivial to fix.
I agree, this is a big need for us too. We want to be able to display the status & issue type written out as well as a custom field. We also figured out how to do this on sub-tasks but can't on the linked issues. This is very important to our management as well. It would be helpful if someone from Atlassian could respond!
Does anyone has any idea if this is fixed in version 4.4.2/4.4.3 or 5.0?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.