I use butler to clear ‘DONE’ cards - but sometimes, often actually, it just doesn’t work and I’ve not figured out why.
- I have CARD BUTTON SETUP that does this...

- Clears the card of extraneous stuff (dates/labels) and simply plops a “✅ DONE” label on it, and dumps it to the bottom of the list out of the way.
Works perfectly.
However, I also have a BOARD BUTTON SETUP that does this...

- Archives the cards with "✅ DONE” label
As you can see, it couldn’t be any more simple... IF card got a green label with "✅ DONE” on it... THEN archive it.
Should work no?
But sometimes it doesn’t...
I’ve seen elsewhere that butler doesn’t necessarily work with ‘closed’ cards, so could this be the root of the issue? Irrespective of the fact that I’m essentially clearing a card of all that info, could it that it’s still checked off? (y’know... under the hood, invisible to the end user?)
So... just test that with the following test case.
As follows...
1. Created a new card and called it TEST - (no dates, nothing - plain and simple)
2. Clicked the ✅ DONE Button on the card - (worked as expected)
3. Clicked the "CLEAR ✅ DONE” Board button - (and Failed)


I’m officially stumped.