Folks throughout our organization are getting more excited about JPD and using it more. We are in the process of exploring more integrations and streamlining processes across our teams.
One way I am encouraging adoption is by embedding JPD views into Confluence pages [to replace janky Confluence tables].
📌 Goal = An obvious and easy way for Contributors [that don't have much Jira experience] to Create an Idea.
For Contributor users that do not have access to or regularly Jira and are not familiar with it... I want to provide an intuitive way for them to add Ideas with Features > Allow contributors to create ideas.
It seems the simple solutions would be:
- Direct link to the Create Issue modal with the project pre-selected
- Confluence macro
Parameterized URLs? I have spent way too much time trying to figure this out, including a rabbit hole for generating a URL based on
https://<subdomain>.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?issuetype=<###>?pid=<####> ... but I couldn't get that to work either since JPD = newer project type that deviates from certain Jira standards +/- team-managed.
Another Solution? Am I missing something wildly obvious here?