Hi,
I have a problem (maybe bug?) with Jira. My configuration is:
http://subefotos.com/ver/?92b3fd376a14556d754f00eab2f3a801o.png
My problem is that when I create a new issue in project, value for field 'Resolution' is 'Unresolved' and NOT 'En procés' (my default value).
http://subefotos.com/ver/?17b15d2ad7e1c95a9869a5a6bcc47894o.png
If I go to next step in my workflow, value updates and put correctly 'En procés' but in my first step (next to create issue) don't show default value...
http://subefotos.com/ver/?34240d382dfeb5b2fe55e51326f98e26o.png (NEXT STEP)
I try to find solution for my problem, so I put a post-function in my workflow that force to put 'En procés' in Resolution field after create issue but doesn't work...
http://subefotos.com/ver/?b6d208e20bdc150c375f2b90dce10edbo.png
Any suggestion about my problem?
Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Hi Daniel, you want the resolution field to set to "En proces"after issue creation but not allowed it to chose in the create issue screen.
I reviewed your screenshot and found that the update field post function are not in the correct position:
Please move the Resolution set post function before the Issue Created event was fired.
The post function should be looks like:
However, do take note of the feedback from Nic or Faysal where JIRA will sees this issue as resolved when the resolution field are set. This will affect chart such as Created vs Resolved chart result.
hi daniel.
unfortunately i can't see your uploaded screenshots..
but what i understand from your description is that you want to switch the default value for an unresolved issue from "Unresolved" to your own "En procés" ?
an issue is stated "Unresolved" it there is NO resolution set what means the field appears EMPTY.
you may look for a postfunction that says "The Resolution of the issue will be cleared" wich automatically sets the resolution to "Unresolved" cause it is Empty then.
i.e. in Jiras default workflow every single transition that except resolve and close use this postfunction i mentioned above to make sure the issue appears as "unresolved" during the entire working process
But I don't understand because I made a Post-Function that Update field resolution to in procés and doesn't work... so the field is not empty! no?
To add to that, I think what you should do is stop trying to use "En procés" because if you use that as a resolution, Jira will ALWAYS think the issue is resolved.
I think what you actually need to do is get Jira to display "En procés" instead of "unresolved"?
See this screenshot:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vn00au&s=6This is in first transtion... is correct no? Why don't update the field?
Teck that won't work.
i already tried on my sandbox...created issues always appeared unresolved to me
Faysal, it will as I just tested in the test instance. The position of the post function specified are indeed important.
If you put the update before the issue created - it will not take effect
If you put the update after the event fire - it will not take effect as well
It has to be in between like the screenshot I posted.
It works Teck!I move up and when I create a new issue, field 'Resolution' is my default value.
'En proces' is catalan and traduction for English is 'In progress'. I have to put this in resolution field to give to client that there is not resolution yet and we are working for solve issue.Thanks guys!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.