Hi guys, and in this case specifically the Atlassian team ...
Jira Work Management is really evolving and useful features keep being added. But in that also lies a growing risk ...
I recently saw attachments and a couple of extra tabs being added to the top navigation, so currently I can see:
Summary | Board | List | Calendar | Timeline | Forms | Pages | Attachments | Issues | Reports | Shortcuts | Apps | Project Settings
A wise person once told me that you should not have more than 8 items in a list in order to keep it usable.
But apart from that: even though it is good to know that new options are available, it is becoming totally overwhelming for users to navigate all this. I would really very much have the option to hide options we don't use from the navigation.
The technique already exists: feature toggles are available in many different places in Jira products and this is becoming an absolute must here too. In general, I would like to be able to hide every individual item so I can decide myself what features I want to use as a PM or Project Admin for my team. While that may be different for other people, I would most commonly keep the Board / List / Timeline / Attachments / Shortcuts tabs, while optionally choosing one or 2 additional ones.
I know there is a feature request for this already: JWMCLOUD-438. While it does not have much traction yet, I think this may be due to JWM being a young product and the issue itself becoming more significant now, as new features keep appearing.
Can anyone comment on plans, support the case and/or provide additional arguments to (not) implement this?
Thx!