Hello All,
I am trying to terminate my SSL connections to JIRA at Apache, I have walked through each step of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache+using+SSL in an effort to get this working. I am not clear on how this needs done from the article however. I need my JIRA site to be accessible at https://linux6898.anprod.com for example, when I setup according to the above referenced article, I get the Apache test page, with the Rewrite rules omitted I get a 404 error as JIRA is redirecting to https://linux6898.anprod.com/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa.
Any help or additional guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, let me know what else will help in troubleshooting,
-Mike
Connector from server.xml:
server.xml
<Service name="Catalina"> <Connector port="8080" scheme="https" proxyName="linux6898.anprod.com" proxyPort="443" secure="true" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
Apache VirtualHost configuration:
## JIRA Proxy VirtualHost Configuration <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin mike.ellis@my.email.com ServerName jira.testsite.com:80 <Proxy *> Order deny,allow Allow from all </Proxy> Redirect permanent / https://linux6898.anprod.com/ SSLProxyEngine On ProxyRequests Off ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://linux6898.anprod.com:8080/ ProxyPassReverse / http://linux6898.anprod.com:8080/ SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/ssl/inux6898.cer SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/ssl/inux6898.key SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/ssl/certnew.pem RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} </VirtualHost>
Rewrite
I have this now working as expected. The setup using the internal loopback address for Apache access to JIRA so JIRA is not accessible outside the local machine, other than through Apache, which is good for me. Apache is set to redirect all non-SSL requests to the SSL-protected site and the Base URL has been updated, life is improving.
server.conf
<Connector port="8080" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" proxyName="linux6898.anprod.com" address="127.0.0.1" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
VirtualHost
# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/jira.conf ## JIRA Proxy VirtualHost Configuration Listen 443 NameVirtualHost *:443 <VirtualHost *:443> ServerAdmin mike.ellis@tfcci.com ServerName linux6898.anprod.com:443 <Proxy *> Order deny,allow Allow from all </Proxy> SSLProxyEngine On ProxyRequests Off ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/ssl/linux6898.cer SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/ssl/linux6898.key RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} </VirtualHost> NameVirtualHost *:80 <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin mike.ellis@tfcci.com ServerName linux6898.anprod.com:80 Redirect permanent / https://linux6898.anprod.com/ RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} <Proxy *> Order deny,allow Allow from all </Proxy> SSLProxyEngine On ProxyRequests Off ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ </VirtualHost>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.