I've read this Vertuna page about creating a User Macro to have a dropdown with the "Other" option that will trigger an open text field. Is there an easier way to do this method? I cannot find the option to create my own User Macro (I think it is on lockdown from my system administrators). I've also never written a macro as described in the Vertuna page. Is it also possible to do this with the multi-select option?
Hi @Jane Smith
This does not have to be a user macro - it is just a bit easier to reuse (in other forms) if you do it as a user macro.
We show that it is just 3 macros
So, it can very easily be a 3 macros, no user macro is needed
Alex
I've used Alex's solution multiple times in one form as I have several multi-select fields all with an Other option. If Other is selected I am supposed to open (show) a text field so the user can provide a detail of what "Other" is defined as
I actually have two rules
Rule MultiselectField:Other then Show Field TextOtherRule !MultiselectField:Other then Hide Field TextOther
I use the ! option just in case my user decides to take away the Other option in my multi-select
Could be done with one rule, as you can set it with "reverse flag" (parameter on the macro). So one rule will actually behave like 2 :-) Saving some configuration time and easier to maintain
Need help. I have the same use case of showing a text field if i select 'Others' option from the multi select dropdown.
The multiselect dropdown goes missing and obviously I can't even choose any of the options for show/hide field to work. Don't know where I'm going wrong.
confiform field definition macro for multiselect field.
field name: Choices
field label : choices
field type: multi-select
options:
id - label
1 - choice1
2 - choice2
3 - others
confiform field definition macro for text field for 'Other' value.
field name : OtherChoice
field label : other choice
field type: text
confiform rules for field definition:
condition: !Choices:3
action: hide field
actionable field name: Choices
Reverse rule: true
So, why do you have a reverse rule like that? This doe snot make much sense, logically...
You will need to have a separate rule to show the OtherChoice
One rules with Choices:3 to show and one rule with !Choices:3 to hide
Reverse rule means that ANYTHING but the Choices:3.. that is why it is not suitable for the multi-select fields
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.