I'm in Jira Plans. My project's cards have the prefix PBA. I created a Plans view that has my Initiatives, Epics, Tasks displayed. When I select the "Create Issue" link at the top of the Jira Plans view, there is a pulldown where I need to select "Initiative, Epic, Story". ok, I select Initiative, there is a box where I need to "Find projects". It only lists my project, so I select it. It then creates an Initiative at the bottom of the Plan. I enter in a name & press return. The new initiative's card is called "PBA" (not PBA-### where # indicates a number). The initiative link just goes to my PBA board - not to a unique card. The same thing happens when I create an Epic from the Jira Plans board.
My question: Is there something set up wrong? I have view and edit access to this Plans board. What I expect is to be able to create an Initiative or Epic or Task/Story from the Jira Plans "Create issue" link.
My workaround: I have to go to the Jira board view and create an Initiative there, Then select that Initiative and create an Epic (so they are parent-child relationship). Once I refresh the Jira Plans view, the new Initiative and Epic show up at the bottom & I have to drag it to where I want it in the list.