Hi,
My requirement is to attach a JIRA issue with pull request and one way I think is to specify the JIRA issue in the pull request title in stash. Can you please help me with the REST API to update the pull request's title with the JIRA issue?
Thanks
Check out /rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/pull-requests/{pullRequestId}, the Put method allows you to modify the title, just send in the new title to replace the existing one.
Thanks Mikael for quick response. I had tried with this REST API but facing below error:
The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource
This is the command I am using:
curl -X POST -u USERNAME:PASSWORD -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"title":"PRT-7"}' https://HOSTNAME/rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/pull-requests/29
Am I missing anything?
You need to use PUT instead of POST, and you also need to include id, version, title, description and reviewers in your payload, not just the new title. Here is an example using Ruby:
def updatePullRequest(url, encode) put_request = { :id => 5, :version => 42, :title => "A change - updated via REST API", :description => "A description" } RestClient.put url, put_request.to_json, {:Accept => 'application/json', :Authorization => 'Basic ' + encode, :content_type => 'application/json', :data => put_request}
Note that the version has to be the same as the one you get in reply when doing a GET.
Thanks Mikael. It worked perfectly fine after adding version.
Can I do this with merged pull requests (e.g. broken jira links)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.