Is there a way to export my user list? I have a bunch of users and want to clean it up a bit.
I found 2 ways:
It's bizarre that you can't export a user list from the Administration interface. I have added a request for this, please vote for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-23783
It's completely bizzarre to me as well. Not everyone is proficient with the CLI or SQL - neither should be required for basic administrative functionality.
The Active User Filter add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cr.tin.ActiveUserFilter.active-user-filter/server/overview) allows you to export users to CSV.
See this tutorial for the easiest way to export JIRA users to Excel: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/user-export
(Excel allows you to filter, search, post-process your user account data easily.)
excel-user-export.png
Unfortunately the CSVs exported from this Addon is are broken because they contain unwanted line breaks. And it only exports the currently visible users from the user management page, e.g. the first 100, and not all users.
Can you let me know what version of JIRA you are using? I would like to see if I can reproduce the unwanted line breaks.The export limitation is based on the search results. If you limit the search to show 100 per page, then that is all the add-on will work with. All you need to do is set it to 10,000+ and it will export everyone.
Hi! We're using JIRA 7.1.6 and unfortunately I cannot select to see more than 100 users per page:
2016-07-19 12_18_52-Users - JIRA.png
If you get your list of users and copy the text from the page along with the headers into google docs. Not high tech but it worked for me.
what if you have 2233665544 users?
This kinda worked for me as a quick "export" to Excel...
The power of copy paste
You can use the Jira User Export app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220535/jira-user-export?hosting=server&tab=overview
it is free
I just did a CSV export and the file is encrypting the usernames. How can i get an export with unencrypted usernames?
Hi Heather,
Are you using the Jira User Export app for this CSV export?
Regards
Lasse
Hi Lasse,
Thanks for your response! I'm using the native cloud "Export Users" feature on the User Management administration screen.
Ok so you are using Jira Cloud.
It sounds like a bug to me. According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/export-users-from-a-site-833925313.html user names are not encrypted.
I would contact Atlassian about this issue.
You sir are a hero of the community for finally making a free app to do this.
You have all my esteem and gratitude, and those of thousands of Jira Admins out there.
Hi Mirco and thanks,
Glad you like it. We really needed this for our own Jira as well.
If you have any feature request feel free to use my Service Desk: https://langhornweb.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user/login?destination=portals
Hi all,
For Jira Data Center, I had success in using the REST API
To try it out, Insomnia is a free tool that can build queries in a very easy way.
https://YOUR-SERVER/rest/api/latest/user/search?username=.&startAt=1&maxResults=2000&includeActive=true&includeInactive=true
I've embedded that in a custom .NET tool used for migration from Cloud to Data Center.
As per an older comment, I indeed used e-mail addresses to map users between Cloud and our AD users.
Cheers
Much gratitude to you for this. Saved me having to write a solution myself. Thank you so much!
I made a simple python script to get a total user list.
Please be aware that this is used on jira (8.8.1) server:
Also, formatting doesn't work as it should here, please use the proper python indentation
import osfrom jira import JIRA#notes:# python script for jira server 8.8.1# python lib used: # - https://pypi.org/project/jira/# - https://jira.readthedocs.io/en/master/index.html# other documentation: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.8.1/# author: rutger<dot>verhoeven<at>gmail<dot>com# reminders: # export ldappassword="<password>" on the cli / terminal#todo:#https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/oauthcreduser = 'yourusername'password = os.environ.get('ldappassword')jira = JIRA( options = {'server': 'https://jira.your.url'}, basic_auth=(creduser, password) )users = jira.search_users('.', includeActive=True,includeInactive=False,maxResults=250)# wildcard for all users is '.'for i in users: print(i.displayName) print(i.key) print(i.emailAddress) print("")
DevOps @ FreshheadsI'll give this a try soon. Thank you for submitting. I imagine many will benefit from this work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.