When I want to add a parent link to an issue in my project, I start typing into the parent link field, with the project name (let's call the prefix for all tickets in this project "ABCD"; so we get ABCD-1, ABCD-2, etc.).
[Note that I am on a Data Center version of Jira]
I am getting inconsistent results in the auto-fill when I start typing in that Parent Link field.
- I start by typing "A": results from 8 OTHER projects that start with "A" are shown, but NONE from this ABCD project.
- I then type "AB", and "no matches" are shown
- I type "ABC" and and "no matches" are shown
- I type "ABCD" and and 3 out of the 20 possible parents are shown from my project, along with 8 results from other projects that also start with "A" (but do NOT have "ABCD" in the prefix)
I have re-indexed the project a couple times, and that doesnt help.
Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I cant really see a pattern.
Thank you