I have a project where most of the users are not explicitly members, but the "Anyone" group has Browse Project permission. I have a standard notification scheme but users only in the project thorugh "anyone" aren't receiving email notifications (I checked the JIRA email logs). Users explicitly in the project get the same notifications as expected (e.g., Reporter notified on Comment Added).
The docs say:
A Single Email Address notification will only be sent if the issue is publicly viewable (as the email address of a non-JIRA user could be specified, in which case a security check is not possible). Publicly viewable issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone' (any non-logged-in users).
So I assumed if the single email address notification worked with a permission scheme using Anyone, regular ones like Assignee and Reporter would too. Is that not true?
Other than the project memberbership issue, there is no difference between the users receiving notifications and the ones who don't. Does anyone know what else might be causing this problem if it's not the "anyone" group?
Thanks!