Can anyone think of a creative way in Proforma to create a dropdown question that is populated with all existing issues?
@Lee Graham -
It will work for only new issue created after you added the proforma dropdown question element where you also mapped this one with your issue's custom field.
Unfortunately, it will not be populated on all existing issues since they were created before your new Form design changes.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
@Lee Graham ,
Are you asking about inserting an issue picker custom field on a Jira form? Thanks, Kian
I suppose that could work. I'll need to reach out to IT to create the custom field.
What would be the limitation of creating a lookup of all issues?
What do you mean by creating a lookup of all issues? As per my recommendation that once your Form element is mapped to the custom field for new issue creation.
You can use search functionality in the project UI and conduct bulk change operation to update all of your existing issues against the mapped field with the correct value.
Hope this makes sense.
Best, Joseph
I just wanted to make sure I understood your request. It sounds like you want an issue picker field on your form, correct?
If so, issue pickers are not an available custom field type on Jira Cloud. I know there are several add-ons which have that capability, but I don't know if they can be added to a form. My guess would be that they cannot.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.