Hi,
From where i can get the code for Move issue listener in JIRA which is already being used to move an issue to another project.
I need to re-utilize it for a custom event.
Thanks,
Ankita
There is no "move issue listener" that I know of. What makes you think there is one?
ok. Actually I wanted a little bit of code which is there for Moving an issue from one project to another project (which is already there in JIRA) so that i can get an idea to write a listener for same.
The procedural code for moving an issue can be found in the Jira source code - if you have a licence, you can download it and have a look (no sharing code with people though) But, I would take a close look at what you are proposing - try manually moving an issue from one project to another, when the two projects have totally different sets of issue types, fields and workflows. You'll find Jira asking you a LOT of questions, and you're going to have to code to answer all of them automatically.
Thanks. ok, will check the code. Actually, if you can suggest something for the below scenario: I have a workflow for one project in which i have added a custom status as "Move". I want whenever there is a transition from a status to this "Move" status in the ticket, the particular issue/ticket should open up a "Move Issue"screen; a "move issue" screen which is there in JIRA or if i can create my own "move" screen which can move that issue to another project. Please help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.