hi,
We want some of our issue types to be used only by some user groups. Is there a way to do that ?
Regards,
This is not possible in JIRA. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5865
Look at the issue and its linked issues to find different workarounds.
Hi,
I solved this issue using Script runner's behavior, used below code in initializer and it showed Issuetypes based on logged in user, you can validate user against project roles or even groups
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.ProjectRoleManagerimport static com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants.ISSUE_TYPEdef projectRoleManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(ProjectRoleManager)def allIssueTypes = ComponentAccessor.constantsManager.allIssueTypeObjectsdef user = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUserdef issueTypeField = getFieldById(ISSUE_TYPE)def availableIssueTypes = []//use this def and if code to check project roles/*def remoteUsersRoles = projectRoleManager.getProjectRoles(user, issueContext.projectObject)*.nameif ("Testers" in remoteUsersRoles){availableIssueTypes.addAll(allIssueTypes.findAll { it.name in ["Task", "Experiment"] })}*///use this def and if code to check groupsdef remoteUsersRoles = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager().isUserInGroup(user, "jira-administrators")if (remoteUsersRoles) {availableIssueTypes.addAll(allIssueTypes.findAll { it.name in ["Task", "Experiment"] })}else {availableIssueTypes.addAll(allIssueTypes.findAll { it.name in ["Task"] })}issueTypeField.setFieldOptions(availableIssueTypes)
Hope this helps.
Priyanka
my question is about creating issues
As Jobin said, this isn't possible. There are some work-arounds in the jra-5865 he points to, but all have some kind of problem. the cleanist way, in my opinion, to do it is to put the different issue types in different projects since permissions are at the project level.
Great answer!
I recently developed a plugin that might help. I'm open for ideas to make it better. Cheers
You can do this with workflow conditions if still needed.
Hey Cindy,
Can you elaborate on how to achieve this? I want to restricts "Support group" to create bugs but should not be allowed to create stories.
Thanks,
Nagendra
Any solution on this
You could use the addon Jira workflow toolbox to create a validator on the create transition.
If you are JIRA Admin, You can create issue scheme and associate your project to restrict issue types as you need. I have same issue and solved creating scheme.
Note: If you have already issue created which is not part of your required list then those will be prompted update to existing ones
Contact me on youngplugins@gmail.com for a good deal on the plugin "Issue Type Filters"
Scriptrunner has an option on behaviours to do this on their newest version:https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.0.3-jira8/jira/recipes/behaviours/restricting-issue-types.html
Hope it helped.
I used behaviour to do this for groups, which worked like charm. Thanks
it is possible with SIL programm.
Hi Priyanka Lavania,
thank you very much, this actually worked for me!
Glad to know
Hi @Zita Bagi , @Priyanka Lavania
I have a similar requirement, could you suggest me how to achieve this...
Total of 10 components in my project and 2 issues types. Based on the issue type components will display.
For e.g.- Defect and Enhancement are the two issue types in a project if i select the Defect then 5 components should display.
How do I achieve these using behaviors?
Andrews
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.