Hello All,
we use the SNOW integration for Opsgenie and we've recently developed a business need that I can't seem to find a solution for in Opsgenie's documentation today.
Right now we have alerts going to an escalation chain but we are wondering if this alert creation rule can be auto-assigned to the person who is assigned to the incident in SNOW?
So if the incident is assigned to user A, and our create alert rule hits, Ops Genie would create said alert and then get the responder from the assigned to field in SNOW, thus notifying user A of the alert.
We are trying to figure out a way for an engineer to get a notification about a very specific update. We have the alerts being created for this specific update but I can't find a way to make the responders the person assigned to the ticket.
The only way I can think of doing this now is creating a create rule set that is duplicated but you would have a rule set per engineer and then have an escalation chain per engineer/user which seems like a very cumbersome way to achieve this business need.