Hi,
How can I add more options to some of the dropdown fields on the "Create Issue" page ?
Can someone having administrator role do that?
Thanks
It's mostly an administrator's job.
Components and versions can be maintained by project administrators (they also maintain user lists, so reporter and assignee can be affected by them). The other drop-downs are for your system admins to maintain.
Thank you for your response Nic.
So, do you mean that only system admin can modify field values on the "Create Issue" page ?
If not, then what steps should an admin follow to add options to dropdown fields - my orignal question.
That is what I said, answering your question. You need to be an admin to edit the lists of options (except for components and versions, which is down to project admin)
what version of JIRA are you running? Is it an older version?
Kewl, 5.2 - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Configuring+a+Custom+Field
Quite long, but there's a section in the middle to head for - called "Options".
Hi Nic,
I had seen that document before. It says "Choose Administration at the top right of your screen. Then choose Issues > Fields > Custom Fields (tab) to open the 'Custom Fields' page"..so forth and so on.
In my case. as I click on Administration at the top right of my screen, then all the projects (for which I have admin rights) appear. I then click on the designated project. Next, I see a page which has a menu on the left panel - containing summary, IssueTypes, Workflow etc.. This page also has small detail for each item (summary, IssueTypes, Workflow etc..).
However, I do not see any option as mentioned in the instruction of the link sent by you.
Um, why are you clicking on the project? The documentation says to click on Administration, then Issues > Fields > custom fields. Not Administration then project.
After clicking on Administration, I do not see any options to click on "Issues > Fields > custom fields". I just see Projects!
Hi Anurag, try going to Administration --> Roll down to 'Issues' section --> Search for 'Fields' sub-section and then click on Custom Fields.
There you will see all the fields listed and search for your field. I use ctrl+f and put the name of the field in order to find it easily...
In that case it's like @Nic said, you are project administrator not Jira System Administrator... You can only add values if you have the system administration permission on global permissions...
Hi Ramiro,
This is interesting. I went through the "list of exclusions" (see link below) for JIRA administrator, and I did not find anything related to modifying field values. So, I thought that JIRA project admin can make these changes.
link for list of exclusions for JIRA Admin:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions#ManagingGlobalPermissions-sysadmin
Hi Ramiro, I do not see "Issue Section" after clicking on administration on the top right corner. Instead I see list of Projects. Further clicking on any of the projects, I see page which has a menu on the left panel - containing summary, IssueTypes, Workflow etc.. This page also has small detail for each item (summary, IssueTypes, Workflow etc..).
I pasted a screen-grab in my last post. Let me know if its not visible.
Anyhow, I will try to get System Admin role, and then see if I can make the required modifications.
In the meantime, if you discover any new information, then feel free to share.
Thank you Nick and Ramiro for your assistance!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.