Hello,
Is it possible to update/change the issue keys of a project?
Hi @Asha and welcome to the Community! Yes ~ you can change a project key via Project Settings > Details but there are some things you need to be aware of beforehand. Have a look here.
Hello @Laurie Sciutti ,
I think you have understood my question incorrectly. I have to update my issue key number I am having count from HC-1 - HC300 but i want to make to HC-1300 - HC-1600.
Is there any way?
Ah! Thanks for the clarification, @Asha . Apparently this can be done by specifying it in a csv file for import: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-the-starting-issue-number-for-a-project-318669643.html
I've not personally done this before but if you have a dummy project / dev environment, I would certainly test it out first. If that doesn't work the way you want, you can also just do a bulk import of issues until you reach the desired key and then delete the ones you imported. Not pretty, but it would work.
I think this solution work in project without any issues. But here I have a project with 300 issues.
May be I have to try the second option. But I have the subtasks, attachments and comments , which makes this complicated.
Hi @Asha
Can you also try updating the Key Configuration by navigating toJIRA Administration panel -> 'System' -> 'Advanced Settings'Search for the "jira.projectkey.pattern" property and Update the key
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.