I've upgraded our Confluence test instance to 4.3.7, and am testing the YouTube URL in a new document.
The Widget Connector Macro doc mentions that I need to copy the long URL, under Share, Options, Long Link.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Widget+Connector+Macro#WidgetConnectorMacro-Troubleshooting
The problem is that when I click Share, I can not see "Options". Has this moved recently?
Youtube apparently disabled the "long" option - time to update the widget code to accept "short" urls?
HOWTO translate "short" into "long" for feeding into Widget Connector:
http://youtu.be/XIn1zxAbrv8 should be replaced withhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIn1zxAbrv8
out of interest, I copied the URL under "Share", which is in the exact format the Widget Connector Macro doc says WON'T WORK:
Note: You must use the long YouTube URL. The shortened URL (like this one: <span>http://www.youtu.be/</span><video_key>) does not work in the widget connector.
<span>http://www.youtu.be/</span><video_key>
However, I paste the URL in (i.e. http://youtu.be/0QhTcMrWBp8), and it works perfectly.
Perhaps the Confluence doc needs to be updated,....
btw,... I am running Firefox 18.0.2
Hi Stuartu,I added a YouTube video in Confluence 4.3.7 and click on that button in the very right side like this ".<" and I was able to see the Option button, but actually is a dropdown menu, as you can see here:
May I ask you, which version did you come from? That way I can test in my local environment to see if there's something different.Cheers,WZ
Hi William,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm running Firefox 18.0.2 at work, and Firefox 18.0.1 on my home laptop.
For both versions, I can not see the Options dropdown like you can.
For example:
Stuart.
I installed the latest Chrome browser on my laptop, and can't see the Options menu in their either.
Chromium Browser - Version 24.0.1312.56 Ubuntu 12.04 (24.0.1312.56-0ubuntu0.12.04.1)
confluence 5.2.5 here.
I was confused as to why the embedded videos weren't being rendered within my Chrome browser but were displaying properly in FF.
Turns out, as my site is SSL-enabled, not only do the video URLs have to be the long version but they also have to be HTTPS! I guess chrome is blocking non-https iframes from being loaded within an https page.
Yep, the latest Chrome, and recent versions of FF blocked mixed content by default.
We're making some changes to the widget connector to deal with this better - https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/WC-75
I'm on 5.4.4 and can use the widget connector and youtube links ok - just use the URL that's in the browser address bar
This was the only solution that worked for me in Atlassian Cloud Confluence 5.7-OD-44. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.