Our product managers utilize forms in JSM to collect information from business stakeholders. The JSM forms are useful as opposed to the JPD 'Create' templates because the JSM forms can be made conditional. An answer of 'Yes' on one question in JSM may prompt another. the JPD 'Create' templates only allow for a non-conditional block of questions/choices.
We want to use the data captured in these JSM forms to populate fields within Jira Product Discovery. We set up an automation to create an idea in JPD, and our goal is to use the data captured in the JSM form as input for our JPD record. In the past we have been semi-successful at this by blocking the Jira smart values from the form-created JSM issue as text within the 'Description' box. This is a workaround solution to a problem I have come across and have never been able to resolve.
The problem is this: The custom fields that I created and that are captured in the JSM form cannot be carried over into custom fields within JPD. I can easily map these same fields into Jira Software, but the Jira Product Discovery custom fields remain blank when I try to utilize the COPY function within the JSM form ->Create JPD idea automation.
For instance, I have a form in JSM that captures a field called 'Request Type'. That field is captured and logged in JSM. The JSM form field links to my custom field called also called 'Request Type'. That field is a single select field with about 5 options. Even when I create the field in JPD to match the exact conditions as JSM and Jira Software, the JPD field will not recognize the COPY command in the JSM form ->Create JPD automation.
Can this be considered for future development? I understand the idea behind pure JPD is not conducive to service management ideas like work intake, but I think that it is a miss not to allow the functionality. Being able to use the conditional fields in JSM as input for JPD could be a huge help as it assists product managers in collecting information from stakeholders. As it sits today, the functionality for gathering information into JPD via JSM is limited. Thanks!