I'm looking to programmatically add values to a customfield that is a select list (single) and I don't see an API in Jira Software Data Center that allows that like there is in Jira Cloud. Is it possible to add the value to the customfieldoption table directly?
Use case: In a multi-tenant environment, clients register themselves as a program of record within the system using Jira Servicer Management. All follow-on tickets for this program can then pick their program from the list of values in the Program of Record field.
Intent: There is no human in the loop required as the requests are handled by Jira Automations which invokes a web hook to our Jenkins. Jenkins takes all the necessary steps to onboard a program. This is where I'd like to update the customfieldoption.
I see, Database – Custom fields (atlassian.com), that there is an ID field that looks to be a sequence number, but it it's not clear if this is an autoincrement field or if there is a separate sequence table I have to retrieve a sequence number from.
...or perhaps there is a better way?