Hi all,
due the nature of our business, we need to keep all customer data living in both Confluence and Jira, totally separate from other potential customer areas. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.
Some facts:
- We have one major customer at the moment. All project work is in a single Confluence & JIRA installation running on 1 (virtualised) windows 2012 server.
- Both JIRA & Confluence are up to date.
- Using Tomcat as the db.
It looks like we are going to be getting a couple of new customers in the next few months (
), and they will all need their data to be kept totally separate from each other.
It seems that I can:
- run multiple databases (containing a single JIRA instance per customer), on one dedicated 'Jira' server (as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/running-multiple-instances-of-jira-on-one-machine-222200571.html). This is good as the data is kept separate and I can archive and remove the db when the customer relationship ends. However, I need to license each JIRA db separately.
- However, I cant run a similar setup with Confluence. I'd need separate dedicated confluence servers (again licensed separately)
Are my musings above, accurate ? (im new to the Atlassian suite, but hope to do the full training in the next few months
)
There is no easy way to run a single confluence & JIRA system, but keep customers 'separate' in different databases ? (I also see that all the attachments for different customers, would be lumped together in Confluence).
Any advice ?
Is clustering going to cost me a small fortune ?