I created a custom field that is a drop down list and noticed that it contains the value 'None'. I do not want this in the list, but rather only use the values I created in the drop down list. Is this possible?
Thanks
Cehck out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Remove+%27NONE%27+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field
Hi Jobin ,
Do you know what will be a javascript/groovy solution for making "None" as the first option . I have raised a question here
Thank you
You have to make the field required, then the 'none' won't be there anymore.
A dirty workaround - Make the custom field Mandatory and "None" option will disappear.
I have a similar issue where i keep getting this none option but i have a default value already set and mandatory, yet the none option is still present. Is there no there way to get rid of it
I'm having the same issue as @Liam Maeder. The Field is required, but none still shows up; what's worse, it acknowledges 'none' as acceptable, so it basically renders the 'required' part of the field useless.
At the moment (in Jira 7 and 8) you have to make the field mandatory and give it a default value - then the "None" disappears.
Using scriptrunner behavior, you can use something like below.
Set the field as required/not required (on behavior side, not JIRA's field configuration), depending on your use case.
In my case, I want my severity field to be set as required only on a certain project, without having to create additional field configuration (as I have one massively shared field configuration - for process standard in my company). So I set the severity field as required through behavior, but the 'none' option stills show. So, use below :script
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.manager.OptionsManagerdef optionsManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(OptionsManager)def severity = getFieldByName("Severity")severity.setAllowInlineEdit(false)def sevcustomField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(severity.getFieldId())def sevconfig = sevcustomField.getRelevantConfig(getIssueContext())def sevOptionsOriginal = optionsManager.getOptions(sevconfig)/*define the select list manually, do not include the 'none'*/def sevOptionsCustYes = sevOptionsOriginal.findAll { it.value in ['Critical', 'Serious','Medium','Low'] }severity.setFieldOptions( sevOptionsCustYes )
Thanks @Azfar Masut
We don't have Script Runner on our server, but I can try and persuade our board to invest in it. But when I tested on my own personal instance it seemed to do the trick.
Regards
@Liam Maeder - great to hear that! Do help to upvote my answer if it helps!
btw, scriptrunner is worth the investment, especially if you're supporting large number of users (in my case, 10k userbase). Lots of other customization can be done with SR to deal with the small custom request from your users. I would say, go for it!
@Azfar MasutMasut,
I am using the below code to display options of the Location field but I see none option by default on the request form but I do not want that instead, I want International to show up. Can you please help.
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehavioursimport com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormFieldimport com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessordef customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()def optionsManager = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager()
def Location = getFieldById("customfield_14444")Location.setAllowInlineEdit(false)
// Get access to the required custom field and options managersdef customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(Location.getFieldId())def config = customField.getRelevantConfig(getIssueContext())def options = optionsManager.getOptions(config)def optionsMap = options.findAll {it.value in ["International","United States"] // list of options you want to show}Location.setFieldOptions(optionsMap)
looks correct to me, can you double check and ensure the location field doesnt have 'none' set as default? (from the JIRA custom field setup page)
I am sure no default value is set.
Try setting International as default instead. Is the 'None' option still showing after that?
No, it is still there after I make it required in field configuration
See my answer from 2019 - you also have to define a default value.
The behavior script worked perfectly fine.
Thanks @Azfar Masut .
Only solution (without any coding) is to:
Step one: Make the custom field not "Multi-select value" meaning, "None" in that selection as part of edit the custom field.
Step two: Make the field mandatory/required
This works for me
You can also add an option that's just a space and make that the default value. Of course, you still need to make the field mandatory
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.