When we try to process invoices using the ictime plugin we get an error message "Error when checking Invoice Data ... please try again". I haven't found any common thread between issues that are affected this way. When I look at the catalina log, I see this whenever I try to process invoices:
Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.iconcept.ictime.stores.DefaultItemStore$1.doInTransaction(DefaultItemStore.java:50)
at de.iconcept.ictime.stores.DefaultItemStore$1.doInTransaction(DefaultItemStore.java:39)
at com.atlassian.sal.core.transaction.HostContextTransactionTemplate$1.doInTransaction(HostContextTransactionTemplate.java:25)
at com.atlassian.jira.DefaultHostContextAccessor.doInTransaction(DefaultHostContextAccessor.java:34)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor156.invoke(Unknown Source)
... 1 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:30)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy43.doInTransaction(Unknown Source)
... 2 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean$DynamicServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:161)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy43.doInTransaction(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.sal.core.transaction.HostContextTransactionTemplate.execute(HostContextTransactionTemplate.java:21)
... 2 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:56)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:60)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:133)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:121)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:70)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:53)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:57)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:133)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:121)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy916.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.SalTransactionManager.inTransaction(SalTransactionManager.java:42)
at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.AbstractLoggingTransactionManager.doInTransaction(AbstractLoggingTransactionManager.java:16)
at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.EntityManagedActiveObjects.executeInTransaction(EntityManagedActiveObjects.java:198)
at com.atlassian.activeobjects.osgi.TenantAwareActiveObjects.executeInTransaction(TenantAwareActiveObjects.java:331)
... 2 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:56)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:60)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:133)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:121)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:70)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:53)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:57)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:133)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:121)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy4037.executeInTransaction(Unknown Source)
at de.iconcept.ictime.stores.DefaultItemStore.create(DefaultItemStore.java:39)
at de.iconcept.ictime.stores.DefaultItemStore.create(DefaultItemStore.java:20)
at de.iconcept.ictime.managers.DefaultInvoiceManager.createInvoice(DefaultInvoiceManager.java:135)
at de.iconcept.ictime.services.DefaultInvoiceService.createInvoice(DefaultInvoiceService.java:126)
at de.iconcept.ictime.services.DefaultInvoiceService.createInvoiceWithInvoiceItems(DefaultInvoiceService.java:263)
at de.iconcept.ictime.services.DefaultInvoiceService.buildInvoice(DefaultInvoiceService.java:243)
at de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource.createInvoice(RestResource.java:4141)
... 3 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)
... 13 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:178)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:73)
... 101 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:40)
... 72 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Not really sure how I can troubleshoot further.