This document: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Creating+an+Issue
gave me the impression that if my JIRA instance has only one project and only one issue type, then hitting the '+Create Issue' button on the top right will drop me right into a new issue without needing to select project or issue type from drop downs. The relevent text is:
Note that this popup will not be displayed if:
- There is only one project and only one issue type for that project in your JIRA site.
I have merged all my projects and issue types but the '+Create Issue' button still presents drop down selectors for project and issue type. Is there something extra that I need to do to achieve this?
My goal is to simplify the process of creating issues for my management team who find it faster to populate a spreadsheet with tasks, so every click counts.
I am aware of this: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Automating+JIRA+operations+via+wget
which suggests that I could construct a link to accomplish what I want, but I am not sure how to get it into the JIRA UI.
I was hoping not to do anything bespoke!
I deleted all projects except for one, under Admin > Projects it reads:
Below is the list of all 1 projects for this installation of JIRA.
Is there somewhere else that I need to make changes to get them projects out of JIRA?
Any pointers or suggestions would be most appreciated.