I've got a simple rule which creates a new task in the following sprint when a certain task is moved to "In Progress" in the current sprint. This rule works just fine.
My problem is that if the triggering task is moved to any status other than "In Progress" and then back to "In Progress", the rule will create another task in the next sprint.
In other words, my first task is working as written; however, I want to add a condition that if the created issue still exists in the next sprint, another task should not be created.
Example: We have a task name (summary) of "Deploy to Development". We have one of these tasks each sprint as we deploy our release each sprint.
When "Deploy to Development" is moved from "To Do" to "In Progress", my rule creates and identical "Deploy to Development" task in the next sprint. I am not cloning the task; I'm using "Create a new".
If, for some reason, someone moves the current sprint "Deploy..." task out of "In Progress" and then back to "In Progress", the rule correctly creates another "Deploy..." task in the next sprint. I will now have two of them in the next sprint, but I only want one.
I don't want to use the "Clones" link. I was hoping to say something like, "if futureSprints() contains a task with summary = 'Deploy to Development', then don't do anything."


Are there any suggestions?