I'm relatively new to JPD and loving it so far as it gives us a holistic view of our product roadmap across multiple project teams. I now have all our 'ideas' on the board and looking for guidance on how to define "Impact." I watched a great video on how you can create your own impact score using insights, however, I like the out-of-the-box option that plots Impact vs. Effort on a visual map to help identify how to prioritize roadmap items. Effort was pretty straightforward based on swag estimates/hours. Impact is proving to be more difficult as there are so many factors to consider as it relates to impact...impact to the business (e.g. new revenue), impact to customers (e.g. better UX, stickiness). I'm thinking about using this in terms of 'customer impact'.
Two questions.
- How would you recommend measuring Impact?
- How are you using Impact and Effort to prioritize work?