We are trying to setup a clustered Jira Data Center for Testing an Application
1. On Setting up the Shared Folder. I have a entered the following in the cluster.properties:
jira.shared.home = \\172.xx.xx.xx\sharedhome
But after restarting the server and checking the System Info, the Shared Folder location is something like /172.xx.xx.xxsharedhome and a new folder with this name is created automatically in my drive. Why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong.
Turns out Jira doesn't need the Windows Explorer Path and and the backward slashes are not recognized correctly. Thanks to @Tim Scheurenbrand
2. Even after setting up the cluster.properties and the single node is visible in the clustering tab, The Installation Type in System Info show 'Standalone' and not data center. Am I missing any step here?
Answered by @Noni Khutane The clustering is turned on in my instance and Installation Type will always be 'Standalone' it seems.
3. Is load balancer mandatory even for testing a clustered data center? if so, is there any detailed guide to setup a simple load balancer for no more than two nodes?