We currently use the JSM integration to do basic Agent alerting for new JSM incidents that come in. This function works fine but we would also like to use the functionality provided by the Responder Alerts in JSM to engage escalation teams after initial triage.
The problems I have ran into so far are...
- Integration creates an initial alert.
- Agent goes to ticket and assigned to self (creates another alert)
- Automation to acknowledge alerts (Moving Alert to In Progress) doesn't apply to the responder alerts.
So if I choose to just do integration I loose the future ability on the ticket to add responders by service (nice feature) Or if I just do Responder Alerts I loose the ability to auto ACK and either have to escalate to a team via JSM(plus second alert when the alerted team member assigns the ticket to themselves) or to a single person based off a on-call schedule (which isn't great when you have overlapping schedules).
Seems blocking the "Assign" Responder Alert would be the solution. But there doesn't seem to be a way to do that from JSM or in Ops Genie without blocking all other Responder Alerts.
Open to Ideas.