My form has 4 fields: Portfolio, BU, Sub-BU, Priority.
- Portfolio and BU are both visible on the blank form
- Sub-BU and Priority are conditionally hidden
- I have a Rules for FD macro that says when BU = "123", show the Sub-BU field
- Field name: BU
- Condition: BU:123
- Action to execute *: Show field
- Actionable field name: Sub-BU
- I have a Rules for FD macro that says when Portfolio does not = "ABC" and BU = "123", show the Priority field
- Field name: BU, Portfolio
- Condition: BU:123 AND !Portfolio"ABC"
- Action to execute *" Show field
- Actionable field name: Priority
With this set up, I am able to successfully show the fields as desired. What I'm having trouble with is the validation.
- I have a Rules for FD macro that says if BU = "123" require a value in Sub-BU
- Field name (or regular expression): Sub-BU
- Condition: BU:123
- Action to execute *: Validation rule
- Validation rule: .+
I would like to add another validation rule that would also require a value for Priority, but only when BU is "123" and Portfolio isn't "ABC".
- If Portfolio is "ABC" then Priority won't require a value even when the BU is "123"
- I tried a Rules for FD macro:
- Field name: Priority
- Condition: !fldPortfolio:ABC AND fldBU:123
- Action to execute: Validation rule
- Validation rule: .+
This results in still requiring a value in Priority even when Portfolio is ABC.
Is what I'm trying to do possible? Am I just missing the logic?
Appreciate any suggestions, thanks!