I am new to Jira. I have it setup but have not changed a whole lot from the basic setup. For the world in me, I cannot figure out how to change the resolution to done. What am I missing?
Resolution "Done" is not available in JIRA by default but you can create one.
The default resolutions available in JIRA are "Fixed", "Won't Fix", "Duplicate", "Incomplete" and "Cannot Reproduce".
Login to JIRA as system administrator. Go to Administration and go to Issues.
Find Resolutions and use the "Add new resolution" option to create a new resolution called "Done". Now when you try to close the issue, you will be able to set the Resolution to "Done".
check the Close Issues permission on permission scheme
check here for more info on permission scheme
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions
check this document to know more about how to defineresolutions
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+'Resolution'+Field+Values
Ok, I am confussed here. I have all possible rights on the system, I just gave the administrator the rights to "Resolve Issues" and when I go into an issue, the Resolution is still not editable, it still says unresolved. If I understand thing correctly I want to get it to be resoleved so that the version reports shows what is resolved in a given version, correct? How do I do that?
I'm having the same issue.
My administrator has the permissions to both Resolve and Close an issue. However; when I go to the issue I want to resolve, all it shows is: "Resolution: Unresolved" There is no field that allows me to modify the Resolution value.
Thanks in advance.
Has anyone found an answer to this? How do we set the resolution? My issues with a Status of "Done" are still being listed on my Open Issues list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.