First of all, I have already looked at answers and links provided here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Migrating-from-TFS-to-JIRA/qaq-p/1241424
What I need to do is migrate a subset of TFS issues and other components into JIRA. I can use TFS C# API to extract all the information I need from my TFS instance. The problem that I am yet to resolve is importing this data into JIRA.
One of the more important aspects of migration is the fact that I want to keep the issue history and preserve dates and times of when issues were created/changed.
CSV import seems to be too limited in that regard and REST API doesn't seem to support spoofing dates and times. I'm not sure if third party tools do what I need, but they are too expensive for me. Besides, if a third party tool can do it, I don't see why I couldn't interface with JIRA in the same way.
I even thought about changing the time in JIRA itself before creating/changing issues, but that seems to be limited to picking a time zone.
Is there a way, short of directly modifying the time and date entries in the database once the migration is complete, to recreate a project history in JIRA?