I have the Administrator rights of the Confluence. But I am not able to see the cog icon on dashboard bar.
How to visible that Cog Icon. So that I can use the Confluence Admin tab in that cog icon.
Hi Siddheshwar,
You could try to revert the changes done in the Layouts, you might have accidently removed the button.
Best regards,
Peter
Hi Seddheshwar,
Can you post a screenshot of what you do see in the bar at the top of your dashboard?
Thanks peter,
following bar is now showing at the top of the Dashboard.
Only the Administrator cog icon is not showing on Dashboard.
The only reason why you don't see that icon is that you do not have admin rights.
You can try to go to this url : http://<your-confluence-instance>/wiki/admin/console.action
And see if you get an error or not.
Hi Siddheshwar
Could it be that you are in an administration group that has system administror rights but not Confluence administrator rights? Could you check this out? (Maybe take a look at the groups your user is part of in your profile, and asking another admin to check the Global Permission?)
It's wierd indeed if you can access Backup Administration.
Hi Peter,
I have try the URL and I am getting the error.
So reason is that I do not have the admin rights?
But I can access the administrator by typing administatror on Search bar and I am able to go at the administration.
Regards,
Siddheshwar.
It could be a layout problem, did somebody change the layout of your Confluence Instance?
Which version are you running?
Best regards,Peter
Hi peter,
I have check the Global Permission, and I Have also check the Confluence administrator group. I am the part of Confluence-administrator group. Is there changes in Layouts? i.e. Main layout or Global Layouts? Becocause all other part is ok now, I have all rights of the administrator.
Yes, there are some changes in the Layouts and My Confluence version is 5.3
I have reset the Layouts and its working fine. There is some changes in Global Layout. Now its showing the Administrator cog icon.
Thannks...:)
Siddheshwar
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.