Gmail has 2 factor.... we think confluence should too!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24322
Might be better off looking at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-677
It's not that your request is wrong (I'm not fond of two factor authentication, as I've seen it compromised far too easily because people tend to implement really bad ways of doing it, or do it for the wrong reasons. Most worryingly, it's banks...), but that Confluence and other Atlassian systems use Crowd to handle users. Even if you're just using Confluence, it's got a mini-crowd embedded in it. So adding this to Crowd would solve the problem for all the Atlassian products, not just one.
I don't care how it's solved (in confluence or crowd), as long as it is there for confluence, and does not require a messy addl setup of crowd!
You may not like 2 factor, but it beats the pants off of passwords.
You've missed the point - there's no point voting on a fix for Confluence which would make Atlassian have to re-invent a wheel several times, when they can simply do it in Crowd and deal with it in all their products in one go. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just pointing out that there's a better place to fix it and an existing request for the functionality which is more likely to engender support, and I'm pretty sure it's the solution Atlassian will look at first.
Actually, 2 factor is just as weak as passwords, if it's badly implemented, and that happens a LOT. That's not the discussion here (which is why I braced it - it's an opinion, not really that relevant, although I mentioned it because people wave it around as a solution for all sorts of things it really won't fix)
Nic: I get your point. (What I may not get is what you think I should do now that I get your point.)
For Confluence server, you can check out the benefits of our new 2FA Confluence add-on for two-factor authentication using your SecSign ID.https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.secsign.secsignid-confluence/server/overviewFor a more detailed installation tutorial visithttps://www.secsign.com/developers/atlassian/confluence-two-factor-authentication/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.