Hi All,
Please let me know how can I clear the default value of a custom field and set back to none?
Thanks,
Sanu P Soman
login as Administrator, type gg + 'custom fields'
Go to the custom field you would like to change. Click on the cog to the right, select Configure and there you have a link to edit the default value. That's it
Go to your field configuration and delete the default value / change it back to none...
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-default_valueDefaultvalue
Cheers Christian
Sorry guys I can't able to de-select the value. Only thing I can change the default value to any other. Ctl + select is not working for me
Is the field required in your Field configuration?
What kind of custom field are you talking about? Can you post a screenshot from the configuration page?
Finally I made it.
Field was mandatory in field configuration, so I just made that field optional on field configuration and came back to field default values and then I can see three values (including "none"), so I just made default value as "none" and then made field mandatory in field configuration.. that works
But I think we can clear the field default value from field configuration irrespective of optional or requirement in field configuration.. I think I did it before like this. No idea why it's not happening this time?
Any suggestions?
I think I did it before like this
Maybe the field was in two field configurations and only in one mandatory?
But glad it worked anyway.
how do I clear a (custom) field's default value if it is a mandatory field? we set a default value for a mandatory custom field, and now our users want it cleared forcing them to make a selection.
I figured it out. Make the field Optional, change the default to None, then make the field Required.
@Christian Czaia - thank you for the response! I did have to delete the value and then re-ad to get rid of the default value. It would be great if instead you could select none rather than going through the additional steps.
I ran into this same problem. In one case, even after making the field Optional in the field configuration I was unable to clear the default value.
This work-around fixed the problem.
Or you can hold CTRL, click on the option that you want to deselect, then save.
OMG Daniel, THANK YOU!!!!!! This saved me a bunch!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.