Hi,
I would like to export all of our 363 JIRA boards. I am specifically interested in the board configuration so boards can be recreated if required.
JIRA has been in use here for just over a decade and our housekeeping could have been better. Over the past few months we've closed about 6000 redundant tickets and taken 200 (of 600) legacy boards off line.
The redundant tickets were labelled before we closed them. The offline projects have had their schema's updated so they can no longer be modified. This approach means that we can revert any changes we have made.
Now for the boards. Many are either administered or owned by people who have left the firm. Quite a few link to projects we have taken offline. We need to have a sort out, however, it is very difficult to work out who is using which board.
We are going to ask the various JIRA Project Leads to review the boards that reference their projects and take a view of what we need to do.
Other than exporting the configuration I don't see a way to recover boards that have been updated / deleted in the same way we have handled the other stuff. The only option I can currently see is to take a bunch of screenshots of the config pages of each board.
Is there a better way?
Pete