I am trying to configure Jira Anywhere on Android. I currently use BugBox, but I'm not that happy with it and wanted to explore alternatives. Jira Anywhere and BugSack both fail to connect to my Jira instance (Jira 5.0.4, Apache 2.2, CentOS 6.2, Tomcat 6, Oracle Java 6). The Android device is a Samsung GT-P1010 running the official Gingerbread release, not rooted. I suspect that the problem may be that we are using HTTPS signed with an internal CA. This is not an issue with Windows and Linux clients as we can install the CA in the certificate store and HTTPS works fine. In Android, you can't install a new trusted CA and so you keep getting asked whether or not to trust the certificate.
I suppose I am really looking for someone to say, 'we're doing that and it works fine', so that I can discount the certificate issue and look for the real problem! Of course if someone were to fix Android so that you could add your own CAs... :-)