I'm working on importing a json into assets and using them as custom fields to fill in certain attributes. (JIRA Data Center JSM 5.4)
Currently we have imported a few objects and created them with the necessary attributes.
I have a few questions about setting this up
From there, we would be using that field to generate values in custom fields as read only.
For example:
Assets Object Field: ProductX
Attributes of field are:
Owner: John Smith
Size: Large
Available Sizes: Small - Medium - Large
Expected Result:
- When ProductX is selected in the assets custom field when creating a ticket:
- customfield_xxxxx: Size in attributes will be listed in a separate Custom field (Currently doing this via JIRA Automation, if there's another way to do it dynamically that would be super),
- customfield_yyyyy: a single select drop down field with available sizes will be set as options
I've tried creating a Select attribute but was unable to add each of the Available sizes as an option for a drop down. Not sure if this applies or maybe I'm approaching that wrong.
Is there a way to use attributes as values for a custom field? If so, how can this be attained?
Thanks!
Josh