CONTEXT
I've been getting requests that temporary/seasonal staff be allowed restricted access to our wiki. In theory, I don't oppose this.
PROBLEM
These temporary staff members number into the several hundred and are hired independently and sporadically throughout the year by our 14+ sites around the country.
- I don't have the capacity to create user names and passwords for all these people, as they are needed.
- The users will need access to a different space, depending on which site hired them. The sites are best equipped to know what space that is.
- I don't feel comfortable giving out the "account request" link because it would be a total mess. I don't know who those people are and would still have to ask which space is the right one, if it's a legitimate request, etc.
WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
The staff members at each site know who should have access and to which space the new user needs access.
Is there any way to delegate permission to site staff to add users to a specific group in Confluence? I certainly don't want to add 14 Confluence Administrators, since that's just too much risk and way more permission than they need.
I've considered adding a new LDAP directory to handle just those users.
Thoughts?